Faux News: stupid or evil?

By Jim Stanford on August 24, 2010

Tags: , , ,

Jon Stewart and The Daily Show continue to roast the “Ground Zero mosque” furor in hilarious fashion.

At the center of Rupert Murdoch’s insidious web of terror funding is his media partner, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

Prince Alwaleed, you’ll recall, was the Saudi royal who had Jackson Hole abuzz with his eccentric and extravagant stay at Four Seasons in 2004, replete with snowboarding dwarves (later tossed around for the entourage’s amusement).

The prince has been an investor in Four Seasons, as well as Citigroup, Murdoch’s NewsCorp. and Apple. His Kingdom Foundation sponsors no doubt hundreds of humanitarian and educational initiatives, in addition to the proposed Park51 project — which makes the Fox fearmongering so ridiculous.

I’m with Wyatt: Evil.

(Video from The Daily Show, via TPM)

Posted under Entertainment, Humor, Politics, Religion

1. Jerry McGee August 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Ted had midget tossing at his bachelor party – the guy was from the howard stern show and he was pissed off and trying to antagonize people. I could see how it could become addictive.

2. Brad August 25, 2010 2:23 am

FWIW — It’s Rupert, Jim. If you’re going to label someone a terrorist, at least get his first name right.

3. Jim August 25, 2010 6:27 am

How about stupid and evil???

4. Jim Stanford August 25, 2010 8:48 am

Brad, thanks. Corrected. I’ve had a bad cold of late.

5. D August 25, 2010 8:57 am

The people who watch it and buy it hook line a sinker are the stupid and evil ones.

6. Brad August 25, 2010 11:40 am

Just so you know, js, that was just a little tweak in jest. I figured you knew but something caused a brain fart. Hope you get better.

D, how about a deal? I stay away from Hannity and Beck, and you stay away from Olbermann and Schultz? I leave Rachel out because she’s actually smarter than everyone else at msnbc, and I leave O’Reilly out becuase Beck actually makes him look reasonable.

7. D August 25, 2010 12:18 pm

No I say watch it all so you can separate the truth from the flat out lies like above. Brad I am very conservative and lean way more to the right then you think I just prefer to use fact no fiction in forming my opinions.

8. pc August 25, 2010 12:35 pm

you forgot al gore and sarah palin two more people of great integraty http://www.thenation.com/article/media-lobbying-complex

9. D August 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Put them in.

10. Brad August 25, 2010 8:06 pm

D, I like to think of myself as centrist, but in your heart you know I have a starboard list as well. I don’t have time to watch it all (thank God, er, Allah, er, whomever), but I watch enough of everything, so much so that I have to replace the batteries in my BS detector way too often. Cable/sat TV is an equal opportunity offender, fer sher.

11. danno August 26, 2010 6:55 pm

I dont think Fox News is driving opposition to placing a mosque 2 blocks from where Islamic fanatics murdered 3,000 of our countrymen. Almost all polls are showing clear majorities of Americans opposing this provocative mosque project. Only the most tone deaf liberals actually support it (including our community prganizer in Chief, Barack Hussein Obama). Sure this crowd has a right to build a mosque – that is not the point. The question is it is appropriate or is it right. The reason that Fox is reporting the story is because the rest of the major media outlets refuse to cover it – because it casts an illuminating light over the great divide between the elite opinion makers and the general population.

12. Jim August 27, 2010 6:25 am

Danno the question of is it appropriate or is it right shouldn’t be influenced by “clear majorities of Americans” who have no idea what the neighborhood is like but only what they hear in whatever news media stream they listen to. It’s funny that this has become such a hot-button issue across the country, especially among a demographic which is usually very supportive of local control of government and loose restrictions on real estate development.
    Let the people who live in the 10 blocks surrounding the site decide. Everyone else should butt out of it.

13. D September 1, 2010 11:35 am

Its simple they have every right to build it but they should step up and move it or choose a different place to begin with but they are not going to. It’s like putting a Catholic church in a day care not a smart idea.

14. JG September 2, 2010 7:46 pm

People are protesting a Walmart that “might” be built near a Civil War Battle field in VA. A damm Walmart!

A mosque that close to Ground Zero is not appropriate.

Can they do it, sure, should they, no! I have been to Ground Zero, have friends that were in the buildings when they were hit and wept for the loss of so many.

If these Muslim think that this community center/mosque is so needed in this exact spot they are heartless, fools or fanatics, choose two.

15. YVES DESGOUTTES September 3, 2010 5:22 pm

Dear oh Dear,
    Such a touchy subject.
    It’s clumsy to have a muslim center there.
    I heard on the Brian Lehrer show on NPR ( out of NYC) that several muslims leaders are thinking the same thing ( the clumsiness of it all). Their points were: why create ill feelings.
    I am sure that if I had some close ones who died on that fatal day I would feel ill in my stomach.
    Tolerance is great but not when it allies itself with stupidity.
    Why give morsels to the religious right to feed on?

16. dave September 3, 2010 7:03 pm

if the muslim center is built. they should show their tolerance for the west by devoting the first floor of the building to be a gay bar catering to muslim men.

17. YVES DESGOUTTES September 6, 2010 11:07 am

Dave!
    Great comment!

18. we have some planes September 7, 2010 5:03 pm

Christians pit against Muslims and goose bumps on plebes at the war colllge. Oreily and Beck laughing like overmedicated lunatics at their own success.Stumbling past another realtor, drunk on my way home, flush with trust fund cash from the Industrial military complex. Delirious with peace in place that can only exist from war.