mercifully, Liz Cheney quits race

By Jim Stanford on January 6, 2014

Tags:

Here’s how the news was received in Jackson Hole last night.

Posted under Humor, Politics, Republican Party

1. Mike V January 6, 2014 9:21 am

I actually think this is unfortunate. I was really looking forward to her getting completely crushed in the primary election.

Quitter!

2. k.b. January 6, 2014 9:43 am

And it gets even lower! Her statement mentions “serious health issues” and “my children”. I am not a Cheney supporter. But this?

Humor is fine. Even dark humor. In the right place and at the right time. Not in the grocery store. And not when someone is suffering.

In contrast to others, you have a channel. And you can write. How about keeping the political discourse civil?

3. Brad January 6, 2014 11:11 am

All this shows is her arrogance can be trumped by common sense. She finally read the tea leaves; she’s not as completely stupid as her politically tone-deaf campaign had indicated. Definitely NOT a Cheney supporter here, but why can’t she just go quietly away instead of hanging around just to satisfy the haters around here? The “health issue” is likely a red herring, unless there’s something new with Dad yet to be revealed. “Quitter”, “coward”? Who cares? She’s out. Let’s focus on more positive things. Like grandstanding cheap shots at the grocery store.

4. D January 6, 2014 1:03 pm

Dick deserves every cheap shot in the world. He is responsible for a war that was complete BS. I’m conservative to the core and I bought his bullshit… so now I wish him nothing but the worst!! Thousands of lives and BILLIONS of dollars and for what? He is a horrible person and I got the same vibe from his daughter. I hope we never hear from them again, but I doubt it. If it was an honest mistake and he owned up to it I could accept it, but thats not what happened. He never has and never will own up to any of it.

5. Jim Stanford January 6, 2014 1:20 pm

I think low polling numbers had something to do with it, too. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-cheney-daughter-diagnosed-with-diabetes

k.b., This post is not about a daughter’s illness; it’s about the mother’s candidacy, which was a train wreck from the beginning.

6. Brad January 6, 2014 2:21 pm

D – The former vice-president deserves all the criticism lobbed at him, certainly. My post was not about that, but Jim’s alledged ‘confrontation’, that’s all. Had Cheney wheeled around and approached him, I wonder about Jim’s reaction.

Jim, I think it had everything to do with the polls, which finally registered with her, the daughter’s unfortunate health news notwithstanding. If the diagnosis is true, however, she has prioritized properly. I have a diabetic child and while treatable, it requires significant parental attention.

7. Danno January 6, 2014 4:50 pm

Words to set off irrational, liberal, stream of consciousness hate mongering: Cheney, Monsanto, Halliburton, GMO, citizens united. Try it!