Daily Show reports from Jackson Hole

By Jim Stanford on June 24, 2014

Tags: , ,

“Sears portrait studio backdrop?!?”

Now Jon, that’s the 18th green at Teton Pines Country Club, Dick’s backyard.

At such a critical moment in the life of our nation, let’s send these two great patriots to Iraq. I hear the caddis hatch on the Tigris is exquisite this year.

Posted under Humor, Media, Politics, Republican Party

1. BL June 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Jim, you used that “hatch on the Tigris” line before; no reaction, overplayed.

2. John July 2, 2014 8:26 pm

I think it was funny enough to hear twice. Cheney is creating new opportunities for material though so I look forward to hearing about Jim’s next grocery store encounter.

3. Larry July 11, 2014 8:24 am

And while there is an immigration crisis on our border, this PRESIDENT goes to Texas, not to view the crisis on the border but to fund raise for a campaign that he won’t even be in. And then, a month later he’ll jet off to Martha’s Vineyard for a few rounds of golf. I’m sure all of the worlds crisis’ will be solved by then.
    Is it OK if we burn the presidential effigy now?

4. Jake July 23, 2014 1:47 am

Jim, keep drinking the koolaid. This is all you and your website are for. You criticize those you don’t understand and can’t understand, because it is EASIER for you to lament with the poor and downtrodden. Why don’t you try to look into the daily geopolitical structure and realize that the world does not revolve around you going to Eleveated Grounds for a mocha latte? There are bigger forces at work, and you worry about the V.P. from almost a decade ago and give no criticism to the current President???? Are you blind,… Wait… Yes you are blinded by politics. We all know that. Please do not bore us to death with the next band to play at Targhee, we can read that in the paper.

5. Tater August 8, 2014 4:25 pm

Jake, it sounds like you’re big fan of the other sides Kool-Aid as well. I like to think and thus have no party affiliation so save the over used cliché’s for others if you rrespod. So your saying forget those in need and focus on the supporting the corrupt geo-political forces at work?!?! Get a clue, turn off Fox news and look around. There is thing called reality we live in. You might want to be a part of the solution and not just obstruct like ur party loves to do. BTW, if ya don’t like Jim, don’t read his blog. You might want to find a way to focus your pent up frustrations o something besides hate and anger

6. Common Sense September 5, 2014 10:50 am

Affordable housing- I have lived in a camp- a trailer house- a motel – two apartments and now a home since moving here. I knew when I came it would be tough to afford to stay if possible at all. After much hard work I successfully purchased a home– no one pays or helps with my mortgage and isn’t always easy. I find it disturbing that my hard earned tax dollar is being spent on housing that drops my true market value as well as subsidizes others housing with my dollar– Not everyone can live in Jackson plain and simple. We tax tourists on beds to advertise for more tourists on beds to be served by people we have no way of housing. 3 percent of this county is privately owned- of that much has been preserved – at the same time we limit growth- over burden developers and land owners with regulation and laws that stifle almost all growth. Property rights are becoming none existent here, from trespass to what a owner can do on their privately owned property we’ve regulated ourselves into a mess. We limit building height so sprawl is the only option. Short term rentals have helped working folks make many a house payment. The lodging industry cries we are stealing their sales and the NIMBY crowd refuses to allow a good neighbor to use or rent his property fpr rental or party events

Stop stealing my cash in taxes and giving it to others that then compete in my industry as well as housing markets. The free market will work it out if the restrictive regulations where dropped– I America has done well by these standards for centuries why are we re inventing a wheel? Free markets work!If you truly want affordable housing in this valley drop the hypocricy in housing types– Allow the Ross family or others to build a mobile home park– Owners can have pride in ownership and actually have some skin in the game– The free market can solve this issue— and eliminate the hypocracy of touting affordable housing with these low budget dives being built for feel good emotion and not common sence. A well regulated mobile home park- landscaped adn well kept would make a great place to own a home of you rown her. A place to live and raise a family and it can be done witout stealing money from my pocket and giving to others— So how about it it politicians- and registered voters– shall we solve the problems or live on as as hypocrites? Wishing true affordable housing and chicken dinners for my fellow community members– pass the gravy please—